Ice Magic!
I was lucky enough to have more visitors come to Banff! Lisa and Frank drove from Regina to Banff to spend a couple of days in the Rockies. We spent the first afternoon together doing a bit of a driving tour around Banff.

Here we are up on Mount Norquay - we stopped on the road side and could see some big horn sheep (I think). It was good to see some 'wildlife'.

The next day Lisa, Frank and myself drove out to Johnston Canyon where we walked to the lower and upper falls. It wasn't too cold on that day but the path was a little icy... I ended up on my knees and ass a couple of times! Here's a shot of Lisa and I on the way..

The Upper Falls were awesome, definitely worth the effort. From the viewing platform we could see some ice climbers getting ready to climb the wall of ice. Amazing.

Another shot of the ice up at the Upper Falls. It was so impressive!

Lisa, Frank and myself on the platform at the upper falls. The walk was really enjoyable and we then went back to town to meet up with Lisa's old friends Geri and Dan for a nice pub lunch.

<< Home