Gossip, tales and evidence of my adventures overseas and back again.

Sunday, December 04, 2005

Love it - Likit

Hello there! Well things are going well here in Banff. I have moved out of the hostel and in to my place. It's great to have space again after living in a room of 6 ladies for over 2 weeks. =)



Here is a view of Banff today! When I walk out of my apartment and across the bridge I have a perfect view of that mountain that you can see in this shot. Wonderful.

Things are going pretty well at work. I've only had about 4 shifts so far but the people at Saltlik are fun and very welcoming! There are quite a few new people there so that's good fun. The bar downstairs (the dining room is upstairs) is very funky and I had to stick around for a cocktail last night. I have Monday night off, which is a coincidence as Sunday night is the night the dj comes in and there are martini specials. This equals danger. =)

I have been approached by the management as to whether I would be interested in being trained as a head hostess! So that's pretty exciting. It might be a bit of a stressful position (so I'm told), juggling tables and wait lists but hopefully I'll learn all that I need pretty quickly. The Christmas rush is coming so I'm in full training this week. It's good because it's night work which means I can get up to the mountain during the day. And Saltlik also have corporate ski passes which are pretty reasonable so I think I'll have to get myself one of those.

Anyway it's pretty cold here today, -17c. It takes me ages to get dressed and undressed, I must look like a big bundle of puffiness to everyone. I'm walking around everywhere too - no cozy car for me. =) It's meant to get warmer tomorrow -6c. Not sure how the -30c etc will go down!