Lake Louise on Aussie Day
After the walk to Johnston canyon we drove to Lake Louise which is supposedly one of the most beautiful lakes in the world. I would probably have agreed if I could have seen the lake on that day. =) Still the snow and fog added to the wintry effect. We DID enjoy a nice Polar Bear at the Chateau LL though, which is something to thank the Fairmont folks for.
Our last dinner all together was spent at Café Soleil – which is owned and run by the same people at job #2 Typhoon. We had a fantastic meal consisting of lovely tapas and wine. As you can see from the shots below we had a lovely evening together. Brian and Louise left the next day and came to enjoy a final lunch at Typhoon – where I was working the next day. We had a fantastic time together and I was so glad to be able to enjoy some of the beautiful things that this area has to offer with them.



The adventures continue with Christine though – a drink or two at the Saltlik…. They have some vv good cocktails. =)

The next day Christine and I ventured to Lake Louise where we spent the day skiing and what a wonderful day it was. Sunny and hardly any wind. Here are the two goofs before heading up for the day…


The view from half way up the mountain was awesome that day. Here are Chrissy and I with the Chateau Lake Louise off from my right shoulder.


I’m on top of the world!!! =)

Lake Louise consists of about 4 mountains, it’s impressive indeed. Here is a shot of the back side of the mountain. Looks amazing hey!

Umm, Maylin, which way is down?

Christine and I had a funny time down the back side of the mountain where I took a massive stack as I went from nicely groomed run in to a mess of powder and my skis went up in the air! Lucky it was a soft landing. Christine decided to take a fall too (an intentional one – she’s too experienced to actually fall due to lack of ski and speed control) Here is her imprint she left in the snow. =)

Me and my big helmet head.

A crazy Aussie lad – being Australia day and all there had to be some representation going on. =) There were some crazy people in hardly any clothes up there – one dude trying to play afl with an arm in a sling, a girl in a skirt! Crikey!

<< Home