More Adventures
The next day we drove to Canmore, which is the next town about 20 mins away and to the Nordic Centre to try some cross country skiing. It was great to try cross country – a great work out! Louise and Brian lead the way with their experience showing through. Here are Christine and I posing in front of the Aussie flag.

Also a shot of Louise and I at the end of the road.

After the morning of cross country – we all enjoyed a lovely lunch. Here are Christine and I enjoying a nice cold beer.

After Canmore we drove out to Nakiska, another ski resort, that shouldn’t really be a ski resort (there doesn’t seem to be much snow there), where we hoped to get a nice Polar Bear drink and enjoy the sun (as Louise and Brian described to Christine and I they had done a few years ago at the very same place)… unfortunately for us the sun was not shining and the bar tender (ignorant Aussie probably) didn’t know what a Polar Bear was and didn’t have the ingredients*. *To educate you, a Polar Bear is a delicious mixture of hot chocolate, peppermint schnapps and whipped cream (there may be variations on this but that’s the standard I am told). Alas, back to the hot tub I guess – time for some wine and cheese perhaps? Great suggestion I think.
That night Christine’s jet lag (from Europe) caught up with her and so I went out for some cocktails and appetisers with Louise and Brian. We went to my work (Saltlik) and enjoyed a couple of cocktails!


The next day we took the car and drove to Johnston Canyon. We stopped on the way to take a look at a few things (well only Brian and I got out of the car.. cold! Bah!) here are the crew back in the car while I was making a mess in the snow.

Here is a shot on the walk to the lower falls at Johnston Canyon. Just magic. Like nothing I’ve ever seen before.

Christine and Brian at the lower falls of Johnston Canyon.

Here are the lower falls – frozen! It is quite breath taking seeing a waterfall frozen. There was some water rushing underneath the frozen exterior but that made it even more crazy.


Christine on the walk back down from the falls. So cute.

Another shot on the walk back from the lower falls.
Quite inspiring stuff for me.

<< Home