Frenchie - Canadian style
My latest adventure was to the province of Quebec, more specifically Montreal and Quebec City. I had been planning a visit to Montreal for a while to tie in with the International Jazz festival. This is one of the biggest and best Jazz festivals in the world. Hooray!
The first night I arrived, Louise and Brian’s friends Maria and Eric were going down to the festival. I went along too and got all psyched up for the week of jazz.

I was stoked at the thought of going to Montreal in the summer and knew vaguely that there was a Frisbee tournament on the July 1st weekend that I might be able to tap in to – even better. Frisbee Torontonian (and Kaimana buddy) Lesley, was taking her women’s team to the Jazz Tourney and asked me if I’d like to play. That’s a silly question.
The team was Lily, a bunch of Toronto ladies who are the feeder team for the top Toronto ladies team. That said there was much talent on the field and much drinking off the field =). We had a good weekend of ultimate, ending up in the 3/4th play off (which didn’t happen) and it was nice to play some women’s ultimate again. It made me miss the Sultry ladies though, sob, sob.
Here we are at the end of the weekend.

Lesley and myself, having a laugh and planning the next adventure to Kaimana.

I was all set up to stay with Lindsay again and hopefully this time it wouldn’t be raining all week. If it did Montreal would have become my Vancouver. My time with Lindsay began with an awesome thai meal. Can you see the drool on Lindsay, Ron and my faces?

<< Home