The Road to BC
Time for an update. I have travelled a bit since leaving Banff and so it’s time for an overview of my adventures.
I decided to take the bus to Vancouver and stop along the way in the Okanagan Valley. Kelowna is in the heart of the wine region and on the edge of the Okanagan Lake. It took me a while to adjust to the scenery (rolling hills instead of dramatic mountains) but I enjoyed a venture to a couple of wineries and walked around the town.
This is the quaint Quail’s Gate wine room. I enjoyed a few different taste tests there!

The beach on the lake in Kelowna.

I enjoyed the ride to Vancouver, beautiful scenery and interesting to see the transition of the landscape. I arrived in Van – greeted by sunshine and beautiful weather. It did NOT rain while I was in Vancouver. I enjoyed a few days trotting around the city. The first day I walked around Stanley Park (I wasn’t really planning on walking the full 11km around but it ended up happening that way…) and enjoyed the views a lot. It’s a massive park, I did get lost at one point. =)
The view from the sea wall on the edge of Stanley Park.
That arvo I ventured to China town – it was meant to be one of the largest in North America but considering I was there on a Monday it wasn’t exactly bustling. I did manage to bump in to a guy I met in Banff in an asian supermarket – small world!

<< Home