Theatre, Music and Deck Weather
Since last weekend I have been enjoying the summer weather here in Unionville. This week we went to Stratford, a town renowned for its theatres and festivals. We watched the musical Oliver, which was great! The show had a very popular Canadian actor playing the role of Fagin, and a very cute little lad playing Oliver. I’d never seen Oliver on stage so that was fun.
Yesterday we ventured downtown for the first day of the Toronto Jazz Festival. We caught a couple of free concerts then went to Greek Town for a meal. Mmmmm calamari. We also indulged in some Baklava and icing-sugar-coated-yummy-almond-biscuit-thingys to take home. Yum-o. We then ventured back downtown to see a concert featuring a great pianist, Robi Botosh and a popular Canadian jazz singer Molly Johnson. I can really sense that this town and this country in fact, comes alive with the sun and warmer weather. It’s great to see people out and about (spoken like a true Canuck). I’ve been biking around this area a bit, discovering new trails and trying to avoid the ice-cream vendors.
It’s nearly been 1 year since I left Brisvegas and it certainly feels like I’ve been away a while. I have been enjoying some time here with Louise and Brian before the next travelling instalment begins. I will head to Montreal this week where I’ll play some Frisbee, watch some jazz (at the Montreal Jazz Festival) and visit Quebec city. From there I come back to Toronto and welcome my Mum! She’s here for 10 days, after which I head to the Maritimes for 3 weeks of fun and eastern antics. At the end of all that I will be packing my bags… no need to think about that yet though. I have some cocktail experimentation to do! =)

<< Home