The Island
My next stop after Vancouver was over to Tofino, Vancouver Island. I rocked up on the first night and in search of the kitchen bumped in to a girl, Vanessa, I had met at the Kelowna hostel! Crazy. Anyway we enjoyed some nice Aussie wine and watched the sun set.

It was raining for most of the time I was in Tofino but I enjoyed a fantastic zodiac tour out to some natural hot springs. This was an amazing, amazing experience. I unfortunately left my camera in the pocket of my lifesuit so just imagine a secluded rocky area, accessed only by a half hour walk in the rainforest. The set up is all natural, the rocks form levels where the water source gets cooler as it gets closer to the ocean. At the top near the source, the water falls over an edge creating a water fall of hot, hot water. The best hot shower I ever had.
Next stop was Ucluelet, a small town on the other end of the Pacific Rim National Reserve Park. I was only there for 1 night but really enjoyed the lovely walks the place has to offer. Below is the view from the Pacific Trail.


Spot the bear! The only one I managed to see was while sitting in the pub looking across the water…

I went on a whale watching tour through the Broken Island Group which is south of Ucluelet. I mainly went on the tour wanting to see the islands, here are some shots from the boat ride. Unfortunately we didn’t spot any whales that day but it was still well worth it.

<< Home