Gossip, tales and evidence of my adventures overseas and back again.

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Fanz of Bandz

For the past few months, Nikole (big Death Cab for Cutie fan) and myself (big Franz Fedinand fan) had been planning a trip to Calgary to see these bands in concert. The only problem was that we couldn't get any tickets, as it was 'apparently' sold out. We were intent on going anyway and had found out that it hadn't officially sold out but that tickets were probably released at unpredictable times... We rocked up and started trying to find scalpers with floor tickets. Not much luck there, Nikole suggested I go inside to the ticket office (smart lady) and we got floor tickets right away - no queue! AWESOME!



Nikole and I establishing our place on the floor.




Death Cab in action.



Franz in geetar land!



A random deer encounter outside my bedroom window.



I met up with Ayako and her friends for a final drink and catch up. Ayako will be busy working in the summer as Banff is a very popular destination for the Japanese tourists. We had fun taking a series of photos - striving for the perfect shot..



I love the guy's face in the background in between us! Nearly beats my expression I think. =D