Gossip, tales and evidence of my adventures overseas and back again.

Friday, April 21, 2006

End of the 'working' - time for the 'holiday'

After having worked for 5 months I decided it was time to finish up with work and enjoy my last few weeks in the Rockies. What a hard life it is, eh? So far it has been absolute MAGIC. Spring is here, the days are longer and the weather is warming up.



My last night at the Saltlik was certainly a memorable one. Here I am early on posing on the stairs with the SL catch phrase. The night went smoothly as normal... I was hassled by my boss Rocco and given the traditional 'departure shot' by the bartender upstairs. A nasty mixture of alcohol and other food ingredients that had my breath on fire for a while. Lovely! Then it was down stairs to enjoy a steak and glass of wine that Rocco and the kitchen treated me to. That went down very well.




Here I am with Stephanie and Patrick enjoy the evening... It was also one of the bartender's b'days and he was pounding back the drinks so that provided a fair bit of entertainment for us all. Subsequently, this bartender actually downed about 21 shots in less than 2 hours - he was diagnosed with a torn ACL a few days later..... Yes, what can I say.



I thought I got away with the shot from the guys working upstairs but apparently not so. The bartenders down stairs felt the need to give me charming farewell. It was green and chunky and very wrong. Here in this picture you can tell by my face. I love Dave's face in the background even more though, he looks utterly disgusted (and rightly so!)



The weather this week has been amazing!! I took this picture outside my apartment block a couple of days ago. I think this mountain, Cascade will be imprinted in my mind for ever. The landscape here continues to amaze me.



There is a nearby mountain that I have been wanting to climb for a while now, Tunnel mountain. So finally we got in to action and went up there yesterday. Stephanie, Kristen and I on the track having a giggle.



On the way up Tunnel mountain you get a great view from the back side of the mountain. Here you can see Mt Rundle, a very dramatic mountain that sits just behind town.



Here is the view of Banff town from Tunnel! See the bridge that's pretty central in the picture? I live on the left of the bridge and then just on the right hand side there. It's not the best shot of town but it give you an idea where I am/was living!