Gossip, tales and evidence of my adventures overseas and back again.

Friday, April 21, 2006

Spring Skiing!

With the warmer weather here one would think that the ski conditions are deteriorating... it is quite the opposite really. At Sunshine they had about 45cm over 5 days last weekend! The sun has been out and it has been fantastic.



On Monday I ventured out by myself and was presented with wonderful clear blue skies and amazing snow from the weekend. Lush conditions and great snowboarding practice for me. I spent 3 days up the hill this week and everyday was brilliant and sunny. Here is the view of Mt Assiniboine which is one of the highest peaks in the Rockies.



Nikole and I at the top of the Continental Divide chair where you cross in to BC momentarily. It's weird cause this photo makes it look overcast almost - but it was really sunny! Not sure if the glare is that high that the camera can't handle it?!?



Today I went riding with Derek, Sophie and Nikole (who all work at the Saltlik). It was one of the most enjoyable days out riding with plenty of fun. Derek took us to a strange hiding place... we had a little time out there and enjoyed the shade of the trees. Here I am with Soph and Derek.



This strange cavern had underwear hanging from the trees! I can't remember exactly what Derek called it but something along the lines of 'hooter haven'... boys, boys, boys! Nikole and I are not quite sure what to think of these foreign articles.



Today we took a few breaks to sit and enjoy the sunshine. Sophie and I enjoying the break. As you can see my days at the hill are being reflected in my google tan.