Gossip, tales and evidence of my adventures overseas and back again.

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Delightful!

Louise and Brian (my adopted Canadian parents) have been fabulous tour guides while I've been here in the Toronto area. On the weekend we visited Louise's father and had lunch with him at a local pub.



Brian and Louise at the pub looking smiley.



Tony (Louise's father) and I at the pub, also looking very smiley.



Brian slaving away over the hot stove to cook the demanding Aussie guest a Canadian breakfast of pancakes with maple syrup and peameal bacon (it's bacon with funny stuff coated on it). =) I'm sooo spoilt. It was fabulous!



Here we are about to get stuck in to the fabulous breakfast! Lovely garnish too Louise.



Brian had also promised to cook some biscoti for me before I left. It's his Grandmother's recipe that took him 6 months to attain. Looks so good doesn't it? Taste fabulous. Actually I might just go and get a coffee accompanied by piece. =) Brian packaged some up for me to take to Banff, will be very lovely to have over the winter!



Colleen, one of Louise's friends, offered to take me downtown to join in a day out around Toronto. We had fabulous weather, and went to a great Catherine the Great exhibition at the Art Gallery of Toronto. Here is a shot of the famed Flat Iron building near St Laurence market. We also enjoyed a great meal and some live jazz to finish off the day!