Gossip, tales and evidence of my adventures overseas and back again.

Sunday, November 06, 2005

Eat, drink and be merry!

The day continues....



We went to a devilish little dessert type cafe for a... well..... I can't say it fell in to the normal 'breakfast, dinner, lunch' scheme of things, perhaps if there were an 'indulgence' category that would have fitted perfectly. Very yummy! Chocolate pecan pie. Yes, it's as good as you think.



We ended up that night at a cosy wine bar that Lisa suggested. We enjoyed a few drinks and a very tasty cheese platter... way too good.



The next day we walked around town a bit and went by a market right in the centre, if I could remember what it was called I would tell you, but I don't. =) This guy was carving pumkins, not just your ordinary pumkin (I just can't spell pumPkins with the P anymore!!!) carving but extremely detailed and life like sculpting. Very impressive.



I was also lucky enough to experience the 'Lisa Waston Canadian Art Tour' of the National Gallery while I was in Ottawa. It's an impressive gallery and outside they have a big funky sculputre of a spider, Maman as I think she's called. Inside the gallery I learnt more about the Group of Seven Canadian painters and several other significant artists. There was also an amazing choral recording that they had playing in the reconstructed chapel that was simply superb. Inside the chapel they have about 30+ individual speakers, each playing back a different person's voice as the choir sings a song. The speakers are positioned in a circle and if you stand in the middle of the circle it's a fantastic sensory experience, like nothing I've felt before. Amazing!