Gossip, tales and evidence of my adventures overseas and back again.

Sunday, November 06, 2005

Bonjour Montreal!

I arrived in Montreal in the late hours of a Wednesday evening and was greeted by Lindsay (frisbee friend!) and Ron (her boyfriend) at the train station. From there we collected Lisa (frisbee buddy from Bond) and the first stop was... beer. A fabulous introduction to Montreal and a fair indication that I would rapidly overcome my inexperience of drinking beer. We would spend the day in Montreal before heading to Lisa's home town of Ottawa for a couple of days.



Here is a rather poor effort at a self-portrait on my behalf everyone else looks lovely! =) Note that there are more beer glasses on the table than there are number of people. I wonder what the formula for that is? B = Nx2?



The next day (actually it would have been the same day but hey!) when we eventually arose we made a trip over to the Montreal Botanic Gardens. Top idea Ron! It was a wonderful garden and they had a great Chinese lantern exhibition there. The shot above shows off a colourful water setting.



With the fall colours in the background this Chinese display was very impressive.



Another of the lantern exhibts, this one was inside. They had some very clever designs and I think it would have been spectacular to see at night too.



More fall colours. I love the brilliant red, and against a blue sky - even better!