Bellissimo!
Fabian and I got on the road bound for the Lago di Garda in Italy. Leaving from Baden (outside Zurich) we went over the St. Gotthard pass which is just over 2000m high. From there we passed over the southern border and entered Italy.

It was pretty cold here as you can see. No snow, but some ice. The ice of the power lines was melting and falling on to the road as we drove through, lucky we avoided it all. When we returned we went through the tunnel instead, it's 17km long. An impressive length.

We arrived at the Lake of Garda and met up with a couple of Fabian's friends, Fish and Rolly who feature in the shot above. The first couple of days weren't fantastic weather but we managed to entertain ourselves with some Italian food, wine and Yas. Yas is a Swiss card game. =) We felt like we were on a winter holiday, sitting in the cabin (which was overheated easily when we cooked something on the stove) drinking wine and playing Yas. Lucky for me the weather cleared up...

Fabian and I in Sirmione, a town on a peninsular at the south of the Lake of Garda. The thing I like about this picture is the people in the background - they are all stuffing their faces with GELATI. Heheh. Someone pass the women on the left a serviette please.

A colourful tree and flowers growing on the front of a building in Sirmione. The Italian towns certainly have a very distinct feel, very colourful and full of life.

Fabian and Rolly about to launch in to some windsurfing. Here we are in Riva, in the north of the Lake of Garda. When the guys planned the trip, they were going with the intention to try and windsurf, however there was no wind in Desenzano where we stayed. We were unaware that the south never has any wind! On the last day we visited Riva in the north, had spectacular weather and I even tried some wind surfing. I managed to get the hang of it a bit but cut my time short when the sail fell on to my head (surely nothing to do with my lack of skills!) Ouch. =) Later that day I managed to slam my little finger in the boot of the car, ouch again. It was not my day. Ahhh but I was amused all the same, I'm such a dork. =)

<< Home