Gossip, tales and evidence of my adventures overseas and back again.

Friday, September 30, 2005

Bergamo & Milano

On the way from Lago di Garda to Milano, where we would collect Ludovich, we stopped over in Bergamo. We visited the old part of the town which is raised up on a hill and access by funicular. It's a lovely town with some interesting churches and streets. Fabian and I tasted a very potent drinking chocolate in a wonderful cafe there. Delectable.



Whilst walking around we found about 7 cats living in a garden in a war memorial. Here is a shot of a cat sleeping in the garden with the roses. Very cute.



The pizzeria where Fabian and Rolly had a lot of decisions to make. Yum!



The Duomo in the center of Milano. An amazing church, phenomenal external detail.



In the main square in Milano, that's a very posh shopping arcarde in the background... I managed to control my urge to shop though. Instead I ate some more gelati. =) Fabian and I had a nice walk around Milano visiting a castle in the center and some lovely gardens. A nice introduction to the city that's often not on the top places to visit in Italy, unless of course you're a fashion addict. Fashion week was just starting when we were there so there seemed to be a bit of hype around the place. Lots of beautiful people and fashion. We sat for a while in this square you can see above and did some people watching. The Italians dress very well! =)