Visit from Mum
July quickly arrived and before I knew it my Mum was about to arrive for a visit! Mum arrived after a long wait in Chicago and Louise, Brian and I welcomed her with a mini glass of Champers (more Aussie slang for you L&B) and some fruit. We spent the next few days cruising around Toronto, having lovely meals and swimming a bit as it was quite hot (apparently not for Mum though – she’s been in Cairns too long!) We went to the St Lawrance Markets downtown where we found some lovely local produce.
How pretty!

Mum doing the all important taste test. Someone has to do it eh!

The gang later that day, down at The Beach.

The weather continued to steam up and we were lucky to have some cooler weather in the days to come. One of Mum’s oldest and best friends, came up from Washington D.C to meet up with Mum and have a bit of an adventure. May Lin, who Mum went to university with, and who I was named after, joined us on a trip that Louise and Brian had organised to Niagara-on-the-Lake. The days were jammed packed with visits to wineries, a great biking (winery) tour, some theatre (as one does at the festival time) and plenty of dining and did I mention wining??
Here are Louise, Brian, Sue (Mum) and May at the first winery stop.

The two Mays and Mum.

Mum and I enjoying the lovely main street in Niagara-on-the-Lake.

May and I enjoying a lovely decadent meal on the first night. We stayed at a great b&b, a friend of Brian’s from his IBM days. It was rather lush for me to be staying at a b&b as I am accustomed to the bunks at the hostels.

<< Home