Very Cointreauversial
After the night in Vannes, Tinu had planned a day for us to visit the Angers region of France. The sole reason for this visit was to go to the Cointreau Museum that I had selfishly suggested as part of our itinerary. I was stoked that Tinu had planned this for me. Angers was a bit out of the way for us and after Mum told me that it had recently been in the media because of it's reputation with pedophilia, I wasn't sure what I had got us in store for.

In order to prepare ourselves for the Cointreau experience we had to fill our stomachs with some food first. This was a picture of me outside the restaurant that we went to, they had lovely gardens there. That's something that we noticed all around France actually, even in the very small towns that only consisted of 1 street, the French seem to put a lot of effort in to flower displays along the road sides/roundabouts of their towns. It's a lovely welcoming when you arrive to find beautiful flowers and greenery. Very pleasant!

Here is our lovely French guide mixing us a drink at the degustation room, the final step in our tour. We were rather lucky with the tour actually as they only give 1 tour in English a day, and we were the only people on the tour. So our French guide (I can't remember his name, I was distracted by the Cointreau...), who spoke English very quickly, took us around the production facility and through a collection of all of the advertising associated with the sweet liqueur. Very interesting for a nut like me... you'll have to ask me to make you a drink sometime.

Yes, that's Cointreau in there! =)

My favourite picture of the lot. My Dad, Seng sampling the 'Cointreaupolitan' that our guide mixed us (a Cosmopolitan without the vodka). =) Very sweet.

<< Home